No. 2687 was already in preservation when purchased by the Lancastrian Transport Trust back in September 1983 but no work had been undertaken on the vehicle and really the bus was simply 'saved' rather than preserved.
Built in 1949, No. 2687 is the last survivor of a batch of 31 Leyland Titans built with Brush lowbridge bodywork. It was a regular visitor to Blackpool as it was mainly allocated to Preston depot. They had relatively short lives with Ribble, mainly due to their timber framed bodies, and 2687 was withdrawn from service in 1960 and passed to independent operator South Notts in the Midlands.
Here it was repainted in their dark blue, cream and maroon livery and upon final retirement was purchased for preservation by a Bolton enthusiast.
It was in 1983 that the vehicle passed to the Lancastrian Transport Group and the vehicle was moved undercover to the St. Helens Transport Museum. Some work has been undertaken on overhauling the chassis and one of the next stages is to lift the delicate body off the chassis for shotblasting. The body framing will need a complete renewal and it is hoped to progress this when funding permits. No. 2687 was moved to Blackpool in October 2004.